Answers to Common Questions about TMR Magnetic Sensors
Due to their low power consumption, high sensitivity, small size and ready availability, RedRock® Magnetic Sensors are popular alternatives to existing Hall Effect Sensors and Reed Switches. Common design questions about RedRock® TMR Magnetic Sensors are addressed by a Coto Technology TMR Application Engineer.
- Is a decoupling capacitor required? If so, what is the optimal value?
- Where is the optimum location to position the decoupling capacitor for proper sensor operation?
- What are the effects of external resistors on the output pins relative to overall current consumption?
- What are the effects of external resistors on the input pins relative to initial sensor startup?
- What should I know when using multiple sensors?
Watch the video here.